Casey
Casey Davis, Republican for Collin County Criminal District Attorney
Meet Casey Volunteer Donate Your Vote

Criminal Law Experience

I have been a Texas licensed attorney for 13.5 years. My criminal career began as an intern with the Denton County District Attorney’s Office, initially volunteering with the Juvenile Division, and then being hired as a paid intern in the Crimes against Children Unit. I was responsible for completing intake, preparing pre-trial motions and ordering trial evidence for the felony Crimes against Children trial team.

Upon becoming licensed, I was offered a job by the Collin, Denton and Tarrant County District Attorney. I initially accepted a position with Denton County where I was interning and quickly thereafter transferred to a position that had opened with Tarrant County because Tarrant County had the best reputation for training prosecutors. I worked as a prosecutor for 4 years, before returning to Plano, my home town, to enter into private practice.

I have become entrenched in criminal work in Collin County, handling private retained criminal cases and juvenile, misdemeanor and felony court appointed cases. Last year, I ceased doing court appointed work to focus solely on privately retained criminal cases. My business, found on line at www.caseydavislaw.com, is located in down town Plano and I enjoy being part of that rapidly growing community.

The majority of my case load is referral based from previous clients, lawyers, and professionals. Currently, approximately 96% of my case load is felony, juvenile and misdemeanor criminal cases in Collin County. The other 4% of my case load is felony, juvenile and misdemeanor cases in Dallas and Denton County.

My decision to pursue the office of District Attorney of Collin County did not come easy for me. My time with my son Ethan is precious to me and my career is very important, too. I would not have taken on this role, however, if I were not so passionate about our criminal justice system. As a former prosecutor and, now, a criminal defense attorney, I know that the Collin County District Attorney’s Office needs change instituted immediately, and I am ready to commit my career to this change.

Criminal Training
  • Trial College – Center for American and International Law, Plano, Texas
  • Felony Boot Camp – Training by Tarrant County Senior Felony Chief Prosecutors
  • Monthly CLE and In House training by various Senior Tarrant County Prosecutors
  • ECFS, implementation of paperless case management, training by Tarrant County Technical Prosecutor
  • Grand Jury performance, training by Tarrant County Chief of Grand Jury
  • Trial, Case Management, Motion Preparation, and Court performance, on the job training by Chief of Misdemeanor and assigned felony court chief
  • Baby Prosecutor School
Criminal Course Work
  • Criminal Law
  • Criminal Procedure
  • Constitutional Law
  • Evidence
  • Texas Criminal Law
  • Texas Criminal Procedure
  • Texas Rules of Evidence
  • Texas Rules of Appellate Procedure
  • Texas Criminal Law Practicum
  • Professional Responsibility
  • Legal Analysis Research and Writing
  • Trial Advocacy Practicum with Criminal Case Focus
  • Mock Trial Competition with Criminal Case Focus
  • Texas Legal Research Practicum with Criminal Case Focus